Baccarat is a relatively easy game to play once you understand the different variations of the game and their rules, and players should not be intimidated by its reputation as an expensive game only for very rich people.
Online casinos have changed that and now days you can play baccarat for small stakes and enjoy one of the best casino games out there. Below are a few general tips that will help you play the game better:
– Never play with money you cannot afford to lose and always stick to a predetermined playing budget.
– Do not trust anyone online trying to sell you a system for beating the casino when playing Punto Banco Baccarat.
– Always look for a casino that charges the least rake (commission) when playing Chemin de Fer Baccarat or Baccarat Banque.
– Always prefer to play Punto Banco as it offers the lowest house edge when betting on player (1.24%) or banker (1.06%).
– Whe playing punto Banco try and avoid betting on a tie result. The payout of 9:1 is tempting but simply remind yourself the house edge of 14.44% when playing 6 decks and 14.36% when playing 8 decks.
– Use a negative progression system called “Avant Dernier” (bet on whoever won the bet before last) only for medium-term play. It will leave you broke in the long run.
– Apply a positive progression system to your wagering by increasing your bet by a fixed percentage (25% or 50%) for every hand that follows a win and decrees back to your original bet following losing a hand.